Saturday, July 31, 2010

Migas in the Morning

It's no surprise that breakfast is my favorite meal of the day! Any time of the day; at home or dining out it is the perfect solution. I absolutely desire an awesome cup of coffee to start the day usually with a pastry on the go. If we can make the time (usually on the weekends) bring on the big breakfast! I remember growing up, my father would produce these large breakfast meals which would include a combination of eggs, pancakes, sausage, bacon, fried potatoes, toast or tortillas. Maybe sometimes refried beans would join the party. Love and missed you dad! But, I try to keep the memory alive by making a point to fix a "big Breakfast" whenever possible! My ideal menu is two eggs, over medium, fried potatoes, link sausages or bacon, corn tortillas or corn muffins, or whole wheat toast and refried beans!
When the time is short or I need a quick go-to meal for lunch or dinner, migas are always a satisfying meal. So simple and so rewarding! In an 8-inch nonstick pan the magic occurs. Take two or three torn up corn tortillas, fried (I use butter) in a skillet. Add two or three whisked up eggs and a little half ad half. Bring to a soft scramble ad get ready to enjoy. I love the chance to throw on some shredded cheddar cheese or queso fresco when I have it. Accompany this with some salsa and refried beans and I am there!

No comments:

Post a Comment