Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Mango's on Las Olas

Recently, I reconnected with a wonderful friend who is living in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. In communicating with him, via FaceBook, about some of our craziness in Ann Arbor, I began to reflect on my time living in Plantation, FL and going to Culinary School at The Art Institute of Ft. Lauderdale. Those recaps shifted gears to one of my favorite places to eat: Mango's on Las Olas!

This was one of my favorite places with the most incredible foods! I loved Las Olas because it was the only area "downtown" that you could walk and experience wonderful shops. But, the beginning and end was always Mango's for cocktails, appetizers and dinner followed by dessert. I remember starting with fresh spinach and artichoke dip with corn chips. Usually after that to treat ourselves we followed with a baked brie in a sourdough boule! Dinner was an experience that varied on the "catch of the day" or what our budget allowed us to indulge in. Not being an avid seafood eater (sorry) I usually opted for the Grilled Pork Chops, duo boneless grilled chops with a honey-chipotle barbecue sauce, roasted corn salsa and crispy fries! The joy that brought me on many occasions!! Some of my other favorites were Filet Bleu, tenderloin topped with merlot wine sauce and blue cheese, served with smashed potatoes or Tenderloin Filet, char-grilled and served with bearnaise sauce and smashed potatoes. yes, life was good! Dessert some times followed, or became take out of key lime pie or a very sinful brownie concoction.

No comments:

Post a Comment